Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What To Bring

Let's be honest, Americans over pack. We lug to much junk, to far, for no reason. I would say my march '05 trip to Thailand was my first major international trip. And not wanting to look too American I tried as I might to pack light. However, as we traveled around I quickly found that I was several pounds over my limit. Packing is a subjective thing everyone does it differently. So my suggestions from this point on are solely my own opinions.

Underwear - enough for every day you are gone
Socks - the short sport kind, enough for every day you are gone
Bathing Suit - one, your tan line is not a priority on this trip
Pants - this is for both men and women, one pair (you are not permitted to enter the Wat's unless you have long pants on)
Shorts - one pair, no one in Phi Phi is checking to see if you have the same clothes on each day
T-shirts - two, these are easy to wash and dry, then rotated from day to day
Shirt - one collard shirt is not necessary but may help you feel more civilized
Shoes - one pair of sandal/flip-flops for the beach and at night and one pair of rugged cross trainers for work and walking, remember there is lots of walking
Toiletries - you know what you need here
Detergent - bring a small tube of Woolite or Tide to clean your clothes each night
Camera - digital is good, video is somewhat over the top, disposable is light and affordable
Computer - don't bring
MP3 Player - don't bring
Credit Cards - bring one as a back up to your cash
Travelers Checks - you may bring, at hotels and such it will get you a better exchange rate than hard cash
Cash - only bring what you absolutely need
Passport - don't leave home with out it
Sunscreen - I have heard about people ruining there time on Phi Phi because they allowed themselves to get burnt on the ferry ride over to the island, don't let this be you
Bug Spray - you can, we did not experience tremendous bug problems, a small can would be fine

Feel free to email me if you think I left something out or aren't sure about something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home